Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Tree outside my window

,
Over the years of relocation
the house and the tree outside
my window has changed
every time a new tree grows on me

In my youth it was the small Jasmin tree
petite pretty and poised were we with
dainty white blossoms set in
well cared for strict parental lawn

We were soon tall and proud
choosy cheeky Cherry tree
bold, brash branching out blooming
blooming with gay abandon in the hills

Then we were the Bottle brush
softer subdued tentatively blooming
with sweet fuzzy little crimson flowers

swaying singing sweet lullaby

Next we had the Eucalyptus
oh so tall in our branches

we frame a temple yonder
no fancy flowers have we


Time rolled on to a Palm tree
always laden with fruit our glorious
leaves sway high above the ground
we don't need to prove anything

Now I have this Neem tree with
medicinal leaves, little frail white
flower that turn bitter yellowed fruits
followed by spells of bare leafless branches!!



2 comments:

Amtrips said...

i seriously like the painting... the poem is so honestly written..

glad i came across ur blog.

regards,
amtrips

Kavipoems said...

Thank you Amrita , am glad that you liked it. You are invited to join my FB page where I have more paintings on display.